Monday 15 April 2013

An Introduction To Multi-Camera Techniques

I have created a blog in order to document my progress throughout this assignment. I will be researching into chosen examples of multi-camera production chosing two TV studio productions and two that were live events.

My chosen multi-camera productions that I shall be analysing are:


TV Studio Productions

- This Morning
- Catch Phrase


Live Events

- Olympics 2012 (Live Coverage)
- Will & Kate Wedding


The key purpose for creating this blog and analysing these examples is to understand and explain the reasons for multi-camera use.


I have chosen 'This Morning' as my first example that I shall be analysing as it is something that I have seen in the past and noticed it has many different parts to the studio, so it will be interesting to see how they cut between different locations smoothly.

The second example I shall be analysing is 'Catch Phrase'. I shall be looking into the older 1986 original as I think it could be quite interesting to see how game shows used multi-camera techniques all those years ago.

My first live event example will be looking at coverage from the 2012 Olympic games. I will select most like a fast paced sport like the diving or the running to see how they managed to capture the whole event.

My last event that I have chosing to look into is the what will be historic wedding of William and Kate. I have chosen this idea as it is something completely different to what I am already analysing and it will be interesting to see differences between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment